BlackLiquid Forums
Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Vegetable Garden (Decoration) (/showthread.php?tid=1694)

Pages: 1 2

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - Necora - 11-27-2016

Hey all, I am wondering if I can make a request.

I would like a decorative vegetable garden/box/plot to be able to put in the yards of homes. Completely decorative, no function. At the moment, I'm using ghost crop or plantation squares underneath the single decorative vegetable types. However, the texture squares are too harsh on the edges which makes them too big really for just one string of beans, where as the planter boxes are often too high for the cabbages etc. 

That gave me an idea of a small decorative piece, or a set of decorative pieces, to make a nice veg garden in the yards of me bannies. I was thinking of a 1x1 piece that resembled one of the flower bed pieces but empty, or even the wooden frame for the hedge pieces that appears before they are fully constructed. Actually, just taking the hedges out of that set and leaving the wooden frame would be exactly what I am looking for! It would have to be a ghost decoration, so that you can place it on top of a crop so that the crop is then inside the wooden frame. A net around it would also be cool.

What do you think?

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - estherhb - 11-30-2016

You can make a pretty good veggie garden using the decorative crops. I often put one next to schools.  The wooden pieces in the Dock Set make nice borders.  

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - ShockPuppet - 11-30-2016

estherhb is right, thats usually how its done. You could add ghost planters to make all kinds of decorative gardens with a variety of the foliage decorations we have now.

I think we do try to add a few more garden type decorations to the mod as we release each version, even if its not an entire decoration kit as such.

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - Necora - 12-01-2016

Thanks, yeah how Shock puts is is how I am doing it now, I was just throwing the idea out there for a more dedicated garden decoration. I've not tried the dock set for it, didn't think of that, with the new wooden walls and fences it might be just the thing I am looking for!!

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - Necora - 12-05-2016

<strong style="font-weight:bold;"><a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard&referrer=http%253A%252F%252Fblackliquidsoftware.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F113-vegetable-garden-decoration%252F" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/" style="color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration:none;background-color:transparent;" title="Go to estherhb's profile">t</a><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> </strong>Thanks for the tip re. dock pieces. I use them extensively elsewhere, no idea why I didn't think of this before!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot32.jpg.a5437d441a7073bab0ddf7b8b090ef25.jpg[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot33.jpg.df924996ee25afe37de8bdf8f58970d8.jpg[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot35.jpg.0786b7d36cce9172a8b4bf8c52e68f48.jpg[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot31.jpg.4f36dbd434ba9089ad2e898fc9573b92.jpg[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot34.jpg.49d0a23bcb7014ae1410cefffc8763b5.jpg[/img]

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - estherhb - 12-05-2016

Really looks nice! Thanks for sharing

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - MackGideon - 12-17-2016

Brilliant idea with the dock railings! Goes great with the ghost tiles of dirt underneath. I've gone crazy and put them in all the gaps in my cities!

It'd be great if they could be farmed, ie: if one farmer could drift between half a dozen veggie patches, but oh well, I'll just settle for the aesthetic! ?

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - elemental - 12-17-2016

I've never seen the hand railing bits before. Are they <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - Necora - 12-17-2016

they are part of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> dock set, but I think they are only in the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> version? I'm not sure if <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:TFA was also updated with the small additions in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>

Vegetable Garden (Decoration) - PredatorBeing - 12-17-2016

Quote:
2 minutes ago, Necora said:

but I think they are only in the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> version?

Correct, using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> now and nowhere to be found. I used <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> a little while back before I switched to straight <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, so that had to be where I saw it. I think it was part of DS Small Village mod if I remember correctly. Unless the rails were something added by the BL team (not 100% sure).