BlackLiquid Forums
Butter - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Wiki (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Butter (/showthread.php?tid=1650)

Pages: 1 2

Butter - estherhb - 11-30-2016

Butter is a solid dairy product made by churning cream or milk to separate the butter fat.  

The Dairy makes Butter using Milk from Friesian Cows.

The Bakery makes Bread using Butter + Flour.

<ul type="disc">[*]
Classification: Edible, Protein

[*]
Trade Value: 2

[*]
Weight:  1

</ul>

View full article

Butter - Bro - 03-01-2017

I wish this could be inedible if only because it seems they eat it up before I can turn it all into bread. 

Butter - pibbz - 03-01-2017

If you play with RK Medieval Town in addition to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, you can build a bakery that makes bread with just flour [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> No butter needed!

Butter - Kralyerg - 03-01-2017

Quote:
4 hours ago, Bro said:

I wish this could be inedible if only because it seems they eat it up before I can turn it all into bread. 

There is an "inedible butter' mod in the downloads section.

Quote:
4 hours ago, pibbz said:

If you play with RK Medieval Town in addition to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, you can build a bakery that makes bread with just flour [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> No butter needed!

Too OP, I'd sooner go for the inedible butter option.  I don't mind using butter I just hate having to buy 12000 Butter from the vendor to keep up with my townsfolks consumption on top of my bakery consumption.   Seems a bit silly.  There should be a way to flag items in the same way a plantation flags them to not count as food.  I can see orchards needing the same thing with Walnuts/Apricots etc.  I don't want such a hack like not needing the ingredient in the first place, but rather to allow ingredients to only go towards baking or brewing etc.  Inedible butter mod here I come. 

Butter - Kralyerg - 03-01-2017

Quote:
4 hours ago, Bro said:

There should be a way to flag items in the same way a plantation flags them to not count as food.

That's not how that works.

Read this

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1108-limits/

Butter - stiles - 03-01-2017

at would bring a problem as well. the banis could starve while they have fiood since if it was inedible they could not eat it. not sure if there is a right or good way to solve this issue. just like having fruit but make ale and the banis process all the fruit. starve yet they shouldn't. or freeze cause they used all the logs for lumber,etc instead of firewood.

you could try using the dairy that makes butter and cream and cheese at the same time. then hope the banis eat the cheese and leave the butter. a lower butter output overall but might help. the other idea would be 2 creameries,or 1 +the dairy . feed the banis with 1 and hope they leave enough butter. you didn't say how many cows and milk you have or the number of workers processing the butter either.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

That's not how that works.

Read this

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1108-limits/

*cry* I feel like Beatrice, the old lady in the esurance commercial, pointing to the wall in my living room with all the photos "posted" to it.... I un-friend you. lol But seriously that's how it should work.  Any tips to try and get it to work?  like put my butter on the far end of the map or something and then the bakery's next to that. 

Butter - estherhb - 03-01-2017

Here's the link to the mod that makes butter inedible:  INEDIBLE BUTTER MOD  

Butter - QueryEverything - 03-01-2017

Quote:
7 hours ago, Bro said:

Too OP, I'd sooner go for the inedible butter option.  I don't mind using butter I just hate having to buy 12000 Butter from the vendor to keep up with my townsfolks consumption on top of my bakery consumption.   Seems a bit silly.  There should be a way to flag items in the same way a plantation flags them to not count as food.  I can see orchards needing the same thing with Walnuts/Apricots etc.  I don't want such a hack like not needing the ingredient in the first place, but rather to allow ingredients to only go towards baking or brewing etc.  Inedible butter mod here I come. 

Given that the breads I've baked don't use butter, I'd doubt that RK's bakery is a hack [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  In fact, is more like how most people bake, with no butter. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

But, each to their own baking ways ...  yumm ...  now, croissants, they use butter ....  nom nom nom

If you use <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5782-kid1293/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5782" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5782-kid1293/">@kid1293</a> Workplace mod you have a baker & dairyman in a small footprint, easy enough to set up a little baking community off to the far side of the map, set them up & voila, a chain with your resources where half don't disappear to hungry bannies.  I've found by doing this I don't lose a lot of dairy to the game.

Also, if you use a warehouse storage barn, you can tell it to hoard all the butter, then release small amounts of it to the local storage unit.

To setup:  Set the warehouse up away from an overly populated area, setup some dairy producers, and a baker, then storage barns.  

Run the warehouse to store 1000+ butter, and nearly each butter produced will be taken to the warehouse.  When you've got enough flour & butter to make bread, release 500 at a time to the storage units. 

If all else fails, use the inedible butter mod [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> I used the inedible onions, so to make things with them, but the Bannies weren't using them in their cooking.  (I can't remember what building it was, I stopped using the inedible mods), I also know that one of the Dairy buildings wasn't using Berry items, enough though I have 1000+.  Was this because buildings need to also allow the 'inedible' flag?

So, it could be hit & miss - if a bakery doesn't have an inedible flag, it won't use the butter anyway?!?!?