BlackLiquid Forums
Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 (/showthread.php?tid=1559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Ketchup - 01-12-2017

you are a robot, i think my friend ^^

hehehe

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - The Pilgrim - 01-12-2017

What's more impressive is the sheer amount of posting and PM's he deals with on top of it all. 

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 01-13-2017

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/tease.jpg.115fe8045778ee4b11428d6c17349136.jpg[/img]

excluding new buildings, like the City Blacksmith there, and the City windmill etc, the existing buildings from 1.62 that had a visual change include the following:

Bakery

Statue carver

Bedding maker

Weavers

Chandlery 

Glassworks 

Chartered company

Cooper

Saltbox home

Dairy

Joiner (fence removed)

Edible market

Inn & Garden

Small Market (both F change texture a bit)

resources i did minor editing to:

Bread

Honey

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 01-13-2017

I really like that style. So any idea when 1.7 will be finished? A week? A month? Longer?

Quote:
24 minutes ago, elemental said:

I really like that style. So any idea when 1.7 will be finished? A week? A month? Longer?

Not a month.

We are adding a special building, making it function correct. A few minor edits, I want the new city wall bridge system to have darker colour underwater for example. Then some balance. Then a test.

We've got a spreadsheet of stuff we want for 1.7 and technically it's been feature frozen for a while. I have this habit of making more entries every time we tick one off... We've gone rogue a bit, I mean "off spreadsheet" in that there's still stuff being added. I think it's winding down now, the problem is I really, really want to make a banana orchard.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 01-13-2017

Quote:
41 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

the problem is I really, really want to make a banana orchard.

Queenslanders... LOL

But that would look good in your tropical maps. And then next time you can do mangoes and avocados.

I really wanted to see a huge Victorian era glasshouse that has tropical fruit trees in it but apparently it's not possible to have glass that actually looks like glass. Sad. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - cainacol12 - 01-13-2017

Quote:
1 hour ago, ShockPuppet said:

Not a month.

We are adding a special building, making it function correct. A few minor edits, I want the new city wall bridge system to have darker colour underwater for example. Then some balance. Then a test.

We've got a spreadsheet of stuff we want for 1.7 and technically it's been feature frozen for a while. I have this habit of making more entries every time we tick one off... We've gone rogue a bit, I mean "off spreadsheet" in that there's still stuff being added. I think it's winding down now, the problem is I really, really want to make a banana orchard.

Will 1.7 be released with a megamod update? Or just stand alone for now.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Discrepancy - 01-13-2017

Quote:
32 minutes ago, elemental said:

Queenslanders... LOL

But that would look good in your tropical maps. And then next time you can do mangoes and avocados.

I really wanted to see a huge Victorian era glasshouse that has tropical fruit trees in it but apparently it's not possible to have glass that actually looks like glass. Sad. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I think with some clever texturing and using all those arches and cross beams, and the curves, most of the glass is broken up anyway. To simulate, I'd use a single plane with a semi transparent dirty/hazy/cracked etc texture behind all the iron work. We wouldn't have reflections though, so not really glass. But early glass was far from being perfect anyway. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> I'd give it a go if I didn't already have enough to do.

Quote:
26 minutes ago, cainacol12 said:

Will 1.7 be released with a megamod update? Or just stand alone for now.

Just alone for now.

Quote:
42 minutes ago, elemental said:

Queenslanders... LOL

Lol barely, all my family live in London. 

Quote:
2 minutes ago, Discrepancy said:

To simulate, I'd use a single plane with a semi transparent dirty/hazy/cracked etc texture behind all the iron work.

I've thought about that too. Creeping vines also came to mind.

The problem with alpha textures in banished is if they're details are to high and not big enough it doesn't render nice. Like Hessian cloth, you'll never see individual holes. The best you could hope for is wood latticework size.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - rebelobster - 01-13-2017

Great work on the update, it looks rather splendid.

A query regarding the deer on those castle walls - if they can walk up there, can the wall top be used as a foundation for building placement and not just feet or hooves?