BlackLiquid Forums
Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 (/showthread.php?tid=1559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Feneris - 01-05-2017

Goddamnit, just when I think I've seen enough. You're certainly getting a lot of practice with this.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 01-05-2017

Quote:
42 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

nothing here is finalised with this trader at all, colours, style, the works.

[Image: rQ3b4A.jpg]

Not bad at all. But it looks like there should perhaps be a bit more space between the building and the boat landing area. As it is you come out that door and tumble down those steps into the river. A bit of a hazard. There would be a lot of activity in that area, lots of people movement and lots of crates, sacks, etc so it would make sense to make it a larger (and therefore safer) area. Maybe the part directly in front of the barn could be one level instead of steps? But it looks good.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Couple of other minor points: the barn will be the heaviest part so it needs good support underneath. The steps should probably have another post in the middle, because that's a long span with what looks like no support underneath (Bouncy!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  or saggy  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" /> ). I know those are niggly structural design points but things do look more convincing/realistic when you take those sorts of real-world construction issues into consideration.

Whatever you end up doing with the final design, how about 2 different colour versions?

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 01-05-2017

While you are thinking about traders, can we please also have a luxuries supplier in the same style as the food supplier, industry supplier, farm supplier, and dry good supplier? For some reason luxuries was the only one left out. And also maybe a plain old general trader in that same style? They look really good so it would be nice to have a full set. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 01-05-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2413" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/">@elemental</a> will take a look [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Work evolves

[Image: wp7iEL.jpg]

[Image: qvmuRs.jpg]

[Image: ax6u2U.jpg]

it is 6 tiles less width, 3 tiles less high than vanilla trading post

the livestock appears inside the building [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

"Hop on in to my boat, oh children of the village, for i bring sugar cookies from a foreign land..."

[Image: 7dk5HW.jpg]

its hard to see but ive got horses in there [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[Image: p1FrnB.jpg]

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Feneris - 01-05-2017

You know, seeing your work right next to the vanillia buildings really makes it clear how far you've come. You guys really need to have your own game.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 01-06-2017

[Image: zTwAn0.jpg]

[Image: m43nNJ.jpg]

New Rustic abode [house], can upgrade to town abode. Theres 2 orientations with the front porch/door (left and right)

Old City Trading Post [trading Post]

Old Barn [storage]

Lean To Storage [storage]

Lean To Storage (Grain) [storage]

Lumber Yard [sawmill]

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - KevinTheCynic - 01-06-2017

Hmm...

<strong style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">"Hop on in to my boat, oh children of the village, for i bring sugar cookies from a foreign land..."</strong>

Sounds suspicious. It's almost like the trader is the Pied Piper, just sayin'...

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Necora - 01-06-2017

You're attention to detail with the texturing is just takes everything to another level. Looks fantastic.