BlackLiquid Forums
Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 (/showthread.php?tid=1559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - stiles - 01-02-2017

since we are on the storage ideas,can we get new barns that are not markets to store logs,stone, and iron,etc?? i use the industry market from slinks small markets. i think it holds more than a pile and looks better. main problem with the market is the game sees the piles are full and sounds an alert even if the market shed is empty. thx

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Kralyerg - 01-02-2017

Quote:
1 hour ago, stiles said:

can we get new barns that are not markets to store logs,stone, and iron,etc

Have you looked at the Warehouses in the storage menu?

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - stiles - 01-02-2017

do you mean in the megamod? i  am still using the TFA 161.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Doctor_Dodo - 01-02-2017

<p style="margin:0px;line-height:normal;font-family:Helvetica;">
I was thinking about one thing though: would you consider avoiding signs with modern English and perhaps rather stick to signs with symbols that are interlingual and timeless? A lot of us Banishers have another language as our mother tongue, and some of us like to imagine our Banished towns to be placed in old Scandinavia, Estonia, Germany or other places, some even in some fantasy land.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 01-02-2017

Quote:
9 minutes ago, Doctor_Dodo said:

<p style="margin:0px;line-height:normal;font-family:Helvetica;">
I was thinking about one thing though: would you consider avoiding signs with modern English and perhaps rather stick to signs with symbols that are interlingual and timeless? A lot of us Banishers have another language as our mother tongue, and some of us like to imagine our Banished towns to be placed in old Scandinavia, Estonia, Germany or other places, some even in some fantasy land.

Yeah actually I've tried to do that. The hospital was the first one I type. I'll have a think about it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 01-02-2017

The new buildings look great in game. Even better than your earlier previews. I mentioned a dry goods warehouse in that new white/stone style but actually a grain store would be good too. It would match your new bakery.

The signs on the lean-tos... personally I don't like them. To me they look out of place, something you would expect to see in a game but not in real life. Is it possible to have a second set that don't have signs?

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Paeng - 01-02-2017

Quote:
3 minutes ago, elemental said:

a second set that don't have signs?

Maybe just F-variants to toggle the signs? I kinda like them... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 01-02-2017

Quote:
1 hour ago, elemental said:

Is it possible to have a second set that don't have signs?

No. I thought about this. In the old days i'd have just put a bunch of the various food 3d models around the lean-to's to convey "This is grain, this is protein". I wont be doing this kind of thing much anymore, because whilst it looks nice, i really dont like having what looks to be all that food around. Sometimes I have no food in my storage but it looks like the town is full of food.

Now, i thought about various things i could do. Drape a hessian cloth over the various lean-to's and change its colour is what appeared to be a most likely winner. But then, its important to note that if i choose blue for protein, what of the markets? What of all the other stalls and stands? Its actually a big deal, and it wont cross with other peoples mods. They might want to use green for example.

As a solution to this, the signs I have added will stay. However, i might work out some kind of cafe sign styled thing instead.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Kralyerg - 01-02-2017

Quote:
2 hours ago, stiles said:

do you mean in the megamod? i  am still using the TFA 161.

It's part of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. It's in 1.62, i thought it was in 1.61.

Why are you not using 1.62?

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 01-02-2017

Quote:
15 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

No. I thought about this. In the old days i'd have just put a bunch of the various food 3d models around the lean-to's to convey "This is grain, this is protein". I wont be doing this kind of thing much anymore, because whilst it looks nice, i really dont like having what looks to be all that food around.

As a solution to this, the signs I have added will stay. However, i might work out some kind of cafe sign styled thing instead.

So an F variant with no sign is out of the question? That's a pity because the signs really detract from the realism for me. I'm not sure why they all need to be visually distinct from each other. If you don't know which one is which all you need to do is click on them.