BlackLiquid Forums
Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 (/showthread.php?tid=1559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 12-29-2016

I like the little stone monument thing. Many of the statues already in the game don't really look like they belong, but this one looks like it will fit right in. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - josito - 12-29-2016

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f788e8d1_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic566.png[/img] The buildings look awesome in game!! So much detail! Love it! 

The new bakery rocks too! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305f36920_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic817.png[/img]

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 12-29-2016

Testing the new garden beds in game. All you do is lay the wooden edges then fill it up with the dirt tiles that come with the set. Then you can stick your decorative plants and stuff in.

[Image: wBAVsD.jpg]

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - KevinTheCynic - 12-29-2016

Wow! Those buildings all look incredibly good. I can't wait to see these in the game.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - elemental - 12-29-2016

Quote:
47 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

Testing the new garden beds in game. All you do is lay the wooden edges then fill it up with the dirt tiles that come with the set. Then you can stick your decorative plants and stuff in.

And then you go to the bakery and buy yourself some nice fresh bread. Yum. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - stiles - 12-29-2016

along the lines of decoration plants, i have seen something that might be very helpful over at WOB. KID set  flowers out to the corner of tiles to give flexability when placing them. this works awesome. you can place tighter together since you get 4 per tile,5 if you count the center;plus it's easier to place close to walls,buildings,houses,etc. lots of times the houses only take 1/2 a tile but that tile is dead from placing unless its a ghosted bush that ends up half in the house. with the corner idea you can place decorations up tight.more realistic than the void.

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - ShockPuppet - 12-30-2016

i wanted a more rural feeling sawmill for a while

The Lumber Yard

[Image: 2o1Y7l.jpg]

Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1 - QueryEverything - 12-30-2016

Don't tell hubby, I'm building a wishlist at Turbosquid ... hahaha!  I am loving your mods & the WIP, you've inspired me to peruse the models over at TS.  I often yell at hubby for spending far too much money there (for work thankfully).  But now I'm all itchy.  Neither he nor I can mod for Banished, so it's just a wishlist so far, but what I can say is this - I think you and I are working to the same goal for design, haha!

This is all right up my alley and I'm very excited to see how it all turns out.

Jungle Rivers Map

[Image: ikFJzp.jpg]

With Abandoned village start

[Image: NTn6Ak.jpg]

Here's a little teaser, im not going to show any pictures lets discover it in a fun way:

Matacapan Jungle Maps, Antilles Palms maps and the new Northern Pines maps each have a different unique hidden ruin of ancient civilisations. Don't worry, they aren't some huge monstrosity and are extremely rare. You'll get maybe 1 per medium map, might get 2 on large, maybe 1 or none on small. They look lovely, and are designed to blend seamlessly without being crap. Hope you all enjoy them.

Theyre not part of regular vanilla maps because we like to keep some things vanilla, banished is a great game on its own afterall [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Ive also just spruced up the matacapan jungle map with our new pines on the mountains, as well as existing vanilla mountain pines. Really adds to the mixed vegetation feeling.

I know jungle isnt everyones thing, i personally adore the new pines maps, but sometimes its nice to have a change.