BlackLiquid Forums
Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mods General Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) (/showthread.php?tid=1505)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-13-2016

Now that I know the scale is approximately 1.75 meters, I will remake the rowhouses to have only 2 columns of windows. This will reduce the total model count down to 14.

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-17-2016

[Image: fgpgKfT.png]

My revised rowhouses are finished. Now to make The Pilgrim's houses!

I'm donating $20 to BlackLiquid tonight. The Pilgrim will donate $50 for making his houses into a mod and I will donate $30 for making my houses into a mod. The two sets could be put in the same mod or separate ones.

Update: I donated Monday because I had to wait until I could confirm my bank with PayPal.

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-20-2016

Required building materials

Tiers 0,1: lumber, stone

Tier 2: lumber, stone, building supplies

Tiers 3,4: stone, building supplies, homewares

Tiers 5,6: brick, building supplies, fine homewares

(I worked out the numbers on the old forum but they might have been unbalanced before so Kraylerg should choose numbers that are well balanced)

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - Necora - 12-22-2016

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="551" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/">@AzemOcram</a> so I gotta hold of your models, and am going to give texturing them a go. I don't know how many I will be able to do, but at least it will get things going for you.

So far I have been playing around with the two smallest row houses. I skimmed over an earlier post where you uploaded some textures, so didn't know what sort of thing you are looking for. Anyway I googled 17th C row houses USA, came up with some pics from modern Baltimore (no idea if they are actually 17th C or styled that way or what) and used them as a bit of inspiration to come up with this...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/ScreenShot01.jpg.0dd316d6a8d12de0ee3b86bdaae635b7.jpg[/img]

Is this the sort of thing you are going for? Let me know what you like/don't like, and any preferred textures. I figured to start of with wood for these smaller ones then progress up to brick based on your build requirements above.

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-22-2016

These look great! They should have stone chimneys and might look better with a layer of stone around the base but that's up to you. However, I was planning on using wax paper windows for tier 0 and diamond paned windows on tier 1.

Grand OK, well the windows will be easy to change now that the UV is organised and set. Just a case of editing the png in photoshop or gimp. I can try to give them a bit of a stone foundation, but I've never tried doing this purely via texture so we'll see how it goes. The UV's don't always scale correctly for some reason, so it is a lot of trial and error to get textures to line up well.

Oh and I have absolutely no idea what wax paper windows are... have any images to show me? Also for the diamond ones... I always have trouble finding window textures for some reason.

How about this? Should the stone foundation be larger?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/ScreenShot02.jpg.771c11966ead85efaee4a6f9e8075630.jpg[/img]

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-22-2016

The stone foundation looks perfect! I meant to say greased paper windows, which can easily be textured by giving the windows a brown tint, preferably with a dark wood trim.

Righty-O I'll see what I can do. In the mean time I had a go the next level up... (I liked the blue door in the texture folder you uploaded, but unfortunately the image is too small so scales badly. I couldn't find an adequate replacement in a brief google search, so you get the TARDIS door instead... which I kinda like and might use for some of my dock buildings...)

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/ScreenShot03.jpg.72fe25ad48e11940bac620a3f1b2fb9a.jpg[/img]

If you have any specific preferences/ideas of what each building will look like, such as brick/stone type, color, trim color, door color etc., please make a few notes of it and it will give me a bit of direction... I'm kinda winging it at the moment! The textures are pretty easy to switch out so it is no problem to change things.