BlackLiquid Forums
Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mods General Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) (/showthread.php?tid=1505)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-05-2016

After learning how difficult it was to apply UV maps, I decided to upload my buildings as is to Google Drive. ShockPuppet and Kralyerg are great modders and modelers and I hope they can take over. Other than some small tweaks, these were done in January. It took me a long time to find them (the copy on my Surface got corrupted) and I should have uploaded the WIP in January. I can provide some of my WIP textures and link to the buildings that inspired my rowhouses. Feel free to do whatever you want with them.

[Image: Yp6n3gj.png]

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - ShockPuppet - 12-05-2016

Wow thats very generous of you thank you so much!

You know we are busy but we are always here if you ever need anything [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Do as much or as little as you wish. Leave them alone, apply the provided textures with your own UV mapping, apply textures you already used for other buildings, put them in MegaMod, it's all up to you what you do with them. I became extremely proficient at modeling but I never learned to efficiently do UV maps.

Here are pictures for the diffuse for the big clocktower:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05cVVKRDbAmdUNmUlNVRTBhTVE

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - ShockPuppet - 12-05-2016

Quote:
1 minute ago, AzemOcram said:

Do as much or as little as you wish. Leave them alone, apply the provided textures with your own UV mapping, apply textures you already used for other buildings, put them in MegaMod, it's all up to you what you do with them. I became extremely proficient at modeling but I never learned to efficiently do UV maps.

Here are pictures for the diffuse for the big clocktower:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05cVVKRDbAmdUNmUlNVRTBhTVE

Judging from the look of those textures, you were making multi material objects.

uvw unwrap is best learned in the uvw editor or a single object with a single texture. Something simple like a door. The only way to get better at it is to practice for many hours and read articles on it and watch videos. Takes long time.

Theres a new system that I havent tried yet, apparently in newer photoshop you can import 3d models and paint directly on them. At the end it will then make a uv map on the 3d and provide a single texture. I think this is the future and much easier.

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - stiles - 12-05-2016

google drive ds not open for me. i would like to see the clock tower finished thou not as large as a mega skyscraper in the above pic.my concern is what will the banis use to power it??? kinda big to wind up and we havent invented electricity yet. but a big ben monument of sorts would b a nice addition.

Quote:
18 hours ago, stiles said:

google drive ds not open for me. i would like to see the clock tower finished thou not as large as a mega skyscraper in the above pic.my concern is what will the banis use to power it??? kinda big to wind up and we havent invented electricity yet. but a big ben monument of sorts would b a nice addition.

<div>
<div title="Protected by Grammarly">

</div>
</div>

<div>
<div title="Protected by Grammarly">

</div>
</div>

IDK, gears and trade horses? It could be built out of like 100 building supplies, 5 gears, and 2 trade horses for all I care. It should function like a church with a huge happy radius.

The narrow houses are what I want to see most. I could upload the .3ds file too, if that makes it easier. I can also make them all single-material.

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - thethirdapple - 12-06-2016

Quote:
19 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

newer photoshop you can import 3d models and paint directly on them

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="551" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/">@AzemOcram</a>

Yup, its a slight learning curve but Ive been playing around with it and clearly cool. Will be sweet in a productive way! Uses a default 2048 "artboard" as opposed to 1024, but its available. Works seamlessly with Lightwave, so far, as long as no UV's are pre-assigned. And a bit slow to screen render in Photoshop workspace. Haven't done anything super complex yet. It did not enjoy the Apiary... Perhaps just my graphics card and limited RAM in laptop.

Currently imports from formats:

-3DS studio

-Collada DAE

-Flash 3D (oh when will they finally end Flash already)

-Google Earth 4 KMZ

-STL

-Wavefront OBJ

and exports to:

-Collada DAE

-Flash 3D

-Google Earth 4 KMZ

-STL

-Wavefront OBJ

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - ShockPuppet - 12-06-2016

Great. Everything understands obj

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-07-2016

The yellow rowhouses of Tiers 3 and 4 (4th tier having merely one more storey than 3rd tier and using a paler yellow) are based off real rowhouses in Bath, England.

Each tier modernizes a bit, with Tier 1 fitting in the late 17th century and Tier 6 fitting in the late 19th century.

Here is the .3ds file without the clocktowers and without textures. The attached image depicts the content of this latest file. I suggest making Tier 0 shorter but I couldn't find a height I liked.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="148" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/OcramsBanishedRowhouses.png.50fe3d8d183854b1927b519673b52db6.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/OcramsBanishedRowhouses.thumb.png.7b402f1b6d7889153f083b33f5b5b6f7.png[/img]</a>

Narrow Rowhouses (and clocktowers) - AzemOcram - 12-11-2016

Over the past year, I made snippets of textures (putting them on as materials). I provide the best ones I made.

Here they are:

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="214" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=214">Textures.zip</a>

BTW, is there any other way for me to help expedite the creation of these narrow houses into MegaMod? I can provide my icons.