BlackLiquid Forums
"Book" from traders - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: "Book" from traders (/showthread.php?tid=1501)

"Book" from traders - Johntodd - 12-06-2016

I can't find any dox on "book" brought in by traders.  They are expensive!  What are they used for?  Do they go in the libraries?

Thanks!

-Johntodd

"Book" from traders - Kralyerg - 12-06-2016

They're not really for buying. They're for selling.

The Monastery employs Monks who can create Books.

There's not really a use for them except for trade.

"Book" from traders - KevinTheCynic - 12-07-2016

Since some of the latest updates to mods like <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and so on, when using Jamie's Monastery (the mod that adds the books) I have never had the monastery actually produce any books even though they have had all the resources they needed. I really like the model for the monastery so I continue to use the mod anyway.

The books are available from the trader every now and then but I never seem to have any being produced so that I can sell them. They're a good trade item for really expensive purchases (from memory I think they are worth 400 units) such as buying three or more different seed types.

"Book" from traders - rejectedegg - 12-11-2016

I know from past experiences that Stop Burning the Coal , No Coal in Houses and Stop Burning all the Coal used to hinder the Monastery from being able to hold it in its inventory.  

But modders change the way their mods work from time to time so I don't know if they still work that way or not, since I no longer use them. 

I am also thinking I had read it somewhere (possibly on the old site, maybe) that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has something in it about coal usage in homes.  

Here are a few quotes I found on both of these sites, maybe they can offer some clarity [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Gyutaan  [author] Dec 16, 2014 @ 10:31pm 

@BoseAudio

I think the issue some people were having was what you described, that coal was being stored as iron. The way to prevent citizens from using coal as fuel is to remove the "Fuel" flag from the item. However, to let citizen pick up coal, I would either have to add "CoalFuel" as an item citizens can carry (requiring me to modify additional files and increasing the likelihood of incompatibility) or add the "Iron" flag (which citizens can already carry) to coal. I opted for the second solution, and coal being stored with iron is the result of that.

And while reading over this  it seems there was a compatibility issue at one time with Specialized Stockpiles.  Only <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> or <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> would have an answer to that.

"Book" from traders - KevinTheCynic - 12-11-2016

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a> that actually sparks a memory or two. I do recall now that I had being using a mod like Stop Burning All The Coal before I started using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> but I also seem to remember that I didn't have a problem with the monastery at that time.

Fact is, I have a bunch of mods running together and anything could have happened to stop the monastery from working properly, I just don't know. Something I should try is changing the load order of the monastery to see if that makes any difference (I don't recall exactly where it is in the load order at the moment but it's somewhere above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>).

I can't really recall when flags got changed, but I myself remember using it

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584d8286d1efa_Stopcoalburn.jpg.d3a37d5c7dae0a0b0366627e81313559.jpg" data-fileid="210">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584d8287441ed_Stopcoalburn.thumb.jpg.b3312f9c20781e0d53ad0aad05c4049c.jpg[/img]</a>

and had to stop using it myself.   I believe back then I was having the compatability issue between it and Specialized Stockpiles though.

"Book" from traders - Johntodd - 12-11-2016

OK, I built a Monastery, and am slamming books into the trading posts.  Wonderful idea, those books!

THanks!

"Book" from traders - estherhb - 12-11-2016

Adriana's Monastery was created by Red Ketchup. Books make wonderful trade items. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
6 hours ago, estherhb said:

Adriana's Monastery was created by Red Ketchup. Books make wonderful trade items. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Do you mean 

Jamie's Monastery and Adriana's Library 

by chance?    [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> *winks*

"Book" from traders - estherhb - 12-11-2016

Yep. After I wrote it, I thought hey - I got the wrong name and planned on checking it. Thanks