BlackLiquid Forums
A note about CC 1.7 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: A note about CC 1.7 (/showthread.php?tid=1493)

Pages: 1 2

A note about CC 1.7 - ShockPuppet - 12-08-2016

What's the overall theme of 1.7?

There isn't one.

...well maybe "cool stuff" [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

This may seem a bit strange considering we have often updated with a strong theme.

The journey up until Forge Awakens has been a long one. After 1.5 New Frontier, 1.6 was made on 2 strengths: Mining and metal refinement, and simplification of construction chains. 

We had a very long beta test cycle and I think we were all worn out by the end.

For a long time we debated about metals, iron in particular. It took a lot of courage to change iron. It always came down to "well yeah but if you had a pickaxe you could never go for a walk and just grab ready smelted iron bars off the ground". And the need to use iron bars to construct buildings, ugh. So what do they do "here's my nice new stone house, excuse me while I just go and push these 5 iron bars into the walls". We couldn't allow that to go on, it felt stupid. "But maybe the iron is used for nails?" yeah, when? glad those times are over.

So, the entire journey leading up to 1.7 has been a long one. I feel we are at our limits as to how far from vanilla we want to push the main <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> download. 

It's for this reason that we plan on going modular with future additions after 1.7

So, where does that leave 1.7?

Well, there are many things we've wanted in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> for a long time. Much of the content being worked on now are modular town improvements, as opposed to giant chains of new products.

I have a feeling of making places feel "lived in", be they hamlet or city.

Think about it. There's no prams for the young or rocking chairs for the old. No kids playgrounds. Where's the life? You know, that feeling that people are more than cogs in a wheel of some production chain.

Some things I'm going to simplify, for example the production of salt. Right now there's a saltworks and a mine, but what about simple rock pools that use natural evaporation? Sure it'll be slow, but it's a method as old as the hills. Should be ideal for low production requirements. That's on a to-do list.

So what I'm saying is that 1.7 will seem fairly plain compared to previous versions. It won't alter your game significantly, but it will give more options for the look and feel of your towns.

A note about CC 1.7 - rejectedegg - 12-08-2016

I actually really like this idea <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
30 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

I have a feeling of making places feel "lived in", be they hamlet or city.

Think about it. There's no prams for the young or rocking chairs for the old. No kids playgrounds. Where's the life? You know, that feeling that people are more than cogs in a wheel of some production chain.

I agree, just wish our people could actually use those items.  I.E.  sit on benches , rocking chairs, children sliding down the slide, etc.

But I know you all are limited on what you can and can not do with this game.  If you had more control I firmly believe we would already be able to do those kind of things   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

A note about CC 1.7 - Necora - 12-09-2016

This is great. When answering the poll about what I would like to see from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7, I really couldn't think of much more in terms of functionality of the game, merely just expanding decorations and diversity of buildings (more variations of churches, schools, etc.) and just slight adjustments here and there such as a few more small basic versions of some industries and refinements to current production chains. I think this will make the game 'complete'. One idea I have is to give more of a chain to fisheries, which are a large component of colonial life around here. It would start with a shore fisher for mussels etc., then have a basic boat builder (all small fishing towns had one) which can produce hull components at a slow rate (also a small slow linen maker too), which you can use to make an inshore fisher for lobster and fish, then an advanced offshore fisher for things like whale.

A note about CC 1.7 - cainacol12 - 12-10-2016

Quote:
On 12/8/2016 at 8:36 AM, ShockPuppet said:

So what I'm saying is that 1.7 will seem fairly plain compared to previous versions. It won't alter your game significantly, but it will give more options for the look and feel of your towns.

This is actually what I've been wanting the most for banished. I love this path your going with 1.7. As i'm all about small towns and starting tiny this is just what I need. Home-y touches to make the town really come alive.

A note about CC 1.7 - rejectedegg - 12-10-2016

While I do use <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, I know some of this stuff is already in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (newer versions) and in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.  I can't recall if it is in EA or CotGL or not , but I am pretty sure its in NF and TFA.

In one of the versions either Kralyerg or ShockPuppet rearranged where things were located.  And so it can be a bit confusing to find some of the things now. 

You just have to keep clicking buttons and reading everything until you find what you want. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
On 12/9/2016 at 7:43 AM, Necora said:

One idea I have is to give more of a chain to fisheries, which are a large component of colonial life around here. It would start with a shore fisher for mussels etc., then have a basic boat builder (all small fishing towns had one) which can produce hull components at a slow rate (also a small slow linen maker too), which you can use to make an inshore fisher for lobster and fish, then an advanced offshore fisher for things like whale.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="197" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584c22682c725_HullComponents.png.d2bfaff9701f0900cc3b3e8c72b07971.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584c226dc3e8f_HullComponents.thumb.png.9bdea172c8d9af16c32cf76dbe471e94.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="198" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584c2295b74bf_TidalPool.png.cf4447bb319c79e000e9e862aff0418b.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584c229b62631_TidalPool.thumb.png.2830814048777a4b3ca56716c8c3f266.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="199" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Whaling.png.66e3a6bd6da43a5d65da94a107b8992c.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Whaling.thumb.png.47d0178d56619dee359021a650654604.png[/img]</a>

And I can't remember but its either the Tidal Pool or the Wharf that brings back things like Lobster and other things as well.

I would also be willing to make a quick town for you with those things built in them so you can see how they look.  

They may be too large for your tastes and maybe you are wanting a slimmed down version, not sure.  

But I do know most of the foods and resources you mentioned are already here.

I would like to see like Fishing expanded upon that would be sweet.  Like <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8937-cainacol12/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8937" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8937-cainacol12/">@cainacol12</a> already suggested in another thread.  The addition of Tuna, Salmon, and the more popular fish of choice by Fish eaters.

I myself can't eat shellfish, and because of that I don't eat any fish either.

A note about CC 1.7 - Necora - 12-10-2016

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a>... I know they exist, i use them a fair bit, but my idea was more to add to this and change the chains/species fished, while making it into a set that fits together and as part of a bigger colonial style mod.

Quote:
4 minutes ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a>... I know they exist, i use them a fair bit, but my idea was more to add to this and change the chains/species fished, while making it into a set that fits together and as part of a bigger colonial style mod.

Ah Ok, my bad then <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Lots of new names and new people on this site that weren't on the old site.  Which is a good thing, but can also lead to confusion  lol

And here I thought I was helping someone   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />       

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

A note about CC 1.7 - Necora - 12-10-2016

Ha no worries, I was around on the old site for quite a while... I just lurked in the shadows and posted on the rare occasion I needed help!

A note about CC 1.7 - ozarkcrafter - 01-04-2017

I like that idea. More "goodies" for the folks and their little towns.