BlackLiquid Forums
All the fishes?!!!! - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: All the fishes?!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

All the fishes?!!!! - Feneris - 12-28-2016

Another idea is to do like the foresters and have fisheries that catch an array of items appropriate to the climate. Maybe fresh vs salt water or lake vs river

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 12-28-2016

Quote:
4 hours ago, estherhb said:

I forgot about that. That is a nice pond. I was thinking of something a little smaller with no fence.

yes i agree we need a new pond.something like a backwoods country bass lake would be nice.might even need to be a ghost so we can add our own decor to it. where is necora??

All the fishes?!!!! - QueryEverything - 12-28-2016

Quote:
On 12/28/2016 at 3:50 PM, stiles said:

you can turn the ducks off. i havent seen high quality survival coats like angora,but they do make a good trade item to use up the chicken feathers for sure.

How do you turn the ducks off?  this is the first map in days that I haven't had ducks (using Discrepancy's DSSV V2 mod as the starter, but no different than what I've done before), so wondering if I've turned them off some how.

I have placed my duck hunting buildings on both a river & a lake and only 1 has 'hunted" 200 duck meat, however I suspect that was because I bought 200 duck meat from the trader!! 

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 12-28-2016

ducks is in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,so if you start under a different mod you wont have the ducks. as for turning ducks off in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,there is a mod for that also "nowildducks". problem was the hunters would hunt more ducks and less deer which ment less leather for clothes.and you end up with a ton of feathers.

All the fishes?!!!! - Kralyerg - 12-29-2016

If you use a starting condition from another mod, it will never have wild ducks.  (The wild animals are set by the Starting Condition, not the Terrain or Climate) They will only appear in starts supplied by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

This doesn't affect the Hunting Blind, which will produce duck meat regardless of any starting choices you may pick.

All the fishes?!!!! - QueryEverything - 12-29-2016

Quote:
2 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

If you use a starting condition from another mod, it will never have wild ducks.  (The wild animals are set by the Starting Condition, not the Terrain or Climate) They will only appear in starts supplied by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

This doesn't affect the Hunting Blind, which will produce duck meat regardless of any starting choices you may pick.

So, ninja hunters ...  ninjaing invisible duckies?  That's cool! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thanks for the answers <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>

All the fishes?!!!! - QueryEverything - 02-20-2017

Necrobump.

Has anyone thought further on a fishing spot/hole like a combo of the small fisherman, the tiny fisher, and the Go Hunting mods?

Small enough to be a little creek size, brings some happiness for idlers (fishing is fun), but, big enough for 1-2 bannis?

"Hey Bob, wanna go fishing"?

"Sure Bill, what time?"

They head down the creek, the 'building', maybe invisible, but decorations like chairs, umbrellas etc, fishing baskets and tackle.  Powerful enough to generate 100+, but not too much.  Most fisherpeople fish enough to feed themselves, and their families, so a fishing hole strong enough to support a Banni feeding himself for a year wouldn't be unheard of, plus some "extra" for the times he gets "it was thiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss big", and it really was [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thoughts?

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 02-21-2017

yea but necora ran off his own way and kept going. he was making such good mods that i didnt want to stop him yet. and in the process i have learned different ways to tweak ideas. while modders are busy with recoding,we can plan and draw ideas for later.

what isee so far is a lake that looks like a backwoods lake instead of the decorated rock-surrounded small ponds we have now. 1 side a sore spot for catfish and the other side pier with a rowboat for bass and maybe a small lodge. 1 of the problems i forsee with so many variety of fish is the game reads "fish" and can process it as "fish" but not as bass,trout,etc.do we add a cleaning station to take the varied fish back to "fish" so the processors can use it? or design new processors?

All the fishes?!!!! - KevinTheCynic - 02-22-2017

You don't need a processing step, you can directly get "catfish" for example by using the same method that RedKetchup used for his Training Camp mod where the watchtowers produce various items. A more relevant example is that Tom Sawyer has the same sort of technique for his trout fishing mod. I believe you could use the same coding to create any fish you wanted.

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 02-22-2017

true but then the mods that salt fish won't read the catfish or bass as "fish".unless you do as RED and build your own building for that as well. just like necora's tuna, you can't can it and make tunafish.lol