BlackLiquid Forums
All the fishes?!!!! - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: All the fishes?!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

All the fishes?!!!! - Necora - 12-14-2016

Quote:
5 hours ago, Feneris said:

In either case, I do believe fishing could use a reworking. But the best way would probably be to have different types of fishing dock. A shore dock for clams, crayfish, oysters, and other shore fish. A fishing pier for salmon, trout, and other deeper water fish. And then an ocean trawler for deep ocean fishing. Things like tuna, mackerel, lobster, crab, and shrimp. Maybe have a sealing and a whaling vessel to bring back blubber, seal and whale meat. 

Working on it ;)... might take a while though. My buildings will not act like the regular in game fishing dock, as in they will not have a radius and fish an invisible population, but will act more like the apiary example or the current shore buildings that create these foods from 'nothing'. I thought that would be how a trapper etc. worked too... rather than hunting a population, it just created the resources.

All the fishes?!!!! - ShockPuppet - 12-14-2016

Quote:
2 hours ago, Necora said:

. I thought that would be how a trapper etc. worked too... rather than hunting a population, it just created the resources.

Yeah probably, but it's inelegant when it could be great.

One day if I feel like torturing myself, giving myself a migraine and crying I'll add something like rabbits. I would have to reduce wild ducks, and add a fur clothing option. Otherwise it'll be the "feathers not leather!?" debacle all over again. 

The trapper will then just be like a small Hunter really. 

All the fishes?!!!! - elemental - 12-15-2016

Quote:
On 15/12/2016 at 1:51 AM, ShockPuppet said:

One day if I feel like torturing myself, giving myself a migraine and crying I'll add something like rabbits.

Rabbits, foxes, deer... Colonial Charter Down Under. Definitely worth a migraine or two. And good news - you don't have to make the deer! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

We should start exporting our animals back to the UK. Who wants a funnel web spider? Or maybe a brown snake? Anyone? Anyone?

All the fishes?!!!! - KevinTheCynic - 12-16-2016

Quote:
15 hours ago, elemental said:

Rabbits, foxes, deer... Colonial Charter Down Under. Definitely worth a migraine or two. And good news - you don't have to make the deer! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

We should start exporting our animals back to the UK. Who wants a funnel web spider? Or maybe a brown snake? Anyone? Anyone?

Or a blue-ringed octopus?

Or a crocodile?

Or a...

Dropbear?

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462e7d06d7b_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic110.png[/img] = [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634be8a574_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic535.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846347f69072_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic495.png[/img]

All the fishes?!!!! - cainacol12 - 12-17-2016

Quote:
On 12/14/2016 at 9:51 AM, ShockPuppet said:

Yeah probably, but it's inelegant when it could be great.

One day if I feel like torturing myself, giving myself a migraine and crying I'll add something like rabbits. I would have to reduce wild ducks, and add a fur clothing option. Otherwise it'll be the "feathers not leather!?" debacle all over again. 

The trapper will then just be like a small Hunter really. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>

I was just thinging as a smaller easier step to incorporating new animals, would it be possible to use the domesticated animals and animal pens and just make more of them. Like a rabit pen that makes fur and rabbit meat or a goat pen that makes milk and leather/fur?  etc. That way you get the resource and the animals with out the headache until you have the time to put the full version into the game .

All the fishes?!!!! - elemental - 12-17-2016

Just going on a tangent with animal pens... is is possible to put an animated cow/chicken/sheep in the existing pens? Or is that just one more thing on great big list of "can't be done"?

All the fishes?!!!! - elemental - 12-17-2016

Quote:
On 17/12/2016 at 3:31 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

Or a blue-ringed octopus?

Or a crocodile?

Or a...

Dropbear?

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462e7d06d7b_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic110.png[/img] = [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634be8a574_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic535.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846347f69072_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic495.png[/img]

Fun fact: apparently we also have the most dangerous bird in the world. Yes, bird.

<div class="ipsSpoiler_header">
Spoiler

It's the cassowary.

</div>

All the fishes?!!!! - ShockPuppet - 12-17-2016

Quote:
34 minutes ago, elemental said:

is possible to put an animated cow/chicken/sheep in the existing pens?

sadly no

All the fishes?!!!! - KevinTheCynic - 12-17-2016

Quote:
3 hours ago, elemental said:

Fun fact: apparently we also have the most dangerous bird in the world. Yes, bird.

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler="">
<div class="ipsSpoiler_header">
  Hide contents

It's the cassowary.

</div>

</div>

And speaking of birds that can be aggressively territorial, our wedge-tail eagle is right up there. You can find videos online of them attacking people paragliding and remote-controlled gliders & helicopters. To be fair to the humans involved, the eagle does have a large territory and may defend areas up to  1-2 kilometres around their nests during breeding times so it can be easy enough to stray into their area.

All the fishes?!!!! - Horser01 - 12-18-2016

Every time I see a request for rabbits, they assume we would need a new resource - fur. Why not just make the rabbits drop leather? The same as cows or deer? I personally would love to see a tiny "hutch" building (Discrepancy's Beehive with a remodeled front for example), that produces rabbit meat and has a small chance of producing a leather. It takes 10 - 20 rabbit furs to make a coat, so the hutch would produce much less leather than a cow. Making it a building would also mean you wouldn't have to animate any new animals. To me it's about variety and realism. Not necessarily about new chains.