BlackLiquid Forums
All the fishes?!!!! - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: All the fishes?!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

All the fishes?!!!! - Paeng - 12-11-2016

Quote:
13 hours ago, stiles said:

hope i dont get banned fopr that link

Of course not [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

All of us are here for one reason - to enhance our Banished Experience...

All the fishes?!!!! - KevinTheCynic - 12-11-2016

Quote:
21 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

There's also Discrepancy's DS Small Village mod that does something kind of, sort of, similar.

You don't actually fish for the specific types, but you take your regular fish crates to him, and he will "sort" them and turn them into special fish types.

(Details and downloads can be found at his site: http://ds-mods.net/2016/12/ds-small-village-beta-testing/ )

And I can confirm that those new fish types are also available through the traders as well. I had perch available to buy in my new town (that I started on Thursday) from the fourth or fifth trader.

Quote:
18 hours ago, Necora said:

Hmm I've not seen that yet, it must be in the new small town with the neat docks and bridges. Interesting.... perhaps my ideas are redundent

I don't think your ideas are made redundant by Discrepancy's Small Village mod. It only varies the end product, it doesn't vary the type of fisher so I think that having a few different fishing types is still a good idea.

Quote:
11 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

having a few different fishing types

Wait, I may misunderstand this - what do you mean by different fishing types - workplaces where fishermen get employed? Or workplaces where fish products are processed?

Quote:
9 minutes ago, Paeng said:

Wait, I may misunderstand this - what do you mean by different fishing types - workplaces where fishermen get employed? Or workplaces where fish products are processed?

Necora had the idea of providing different fishing workplaces that would produce different food resources. A shore fisher would provide food types typically found along a shoreline like clams, mussels and the like while an offshore fisher would produce deep water fish, whales and the like.

Ah, okay, thanks... well, personally I'm more into items that process food, making "more" out of it (salting, drying, canning etc...)

For me, any kind of seafood - no matter what you call it - just stays "fish" (or protein, if you want), gamewise... so I feel there always needs to be a production chain to process plain old "fish" into a variety of products, preferably with different values as well... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

* which I think is the plan with the DS Fishmonger anyways...

All the fishes?!!!! - Feneris - 12-12-2016

I was under the impression that fish spawning worked kind of like hunting, with invisible fish spawning in the water that your fishermen caught.

It might be possible to change the "fish" that spawn so that you catch specific kinds of fish in a random mix. But the fact that no one seems to have done it, suggests it might not be as easy as that.

All the fishes?!!!! - Kralyerg - 12-13-2016

It looks like you may be able to change it to a different specific resource, but it doesn't appear that you can do the random mix.  But if you wanted your fishing dock to catch "Trout" or "Lobster", you might be able to. Of course, this is all theoretical and untested. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 12-13-2016

hm how do i explainis?? there is a mod to catch trout.there are map mods to catch salmon. you can have different fisher mods in the same map 1 catches "trout",the vanilla catches "fish".the game will not read "trout" as a fish. so the processing buildings use fish but not trout. say u salt fish or dry fish. the building will use up all the fish and never use any trout.

not to send a worker to fish and have a random catch of different types of fish,i do not belive it is possable. you catch "fish" aND then have a sorter to separate trout,bass,etc but now you have an entirely different production chain. and then the mod would have to be set to be above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> in the mod order to overide <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> from setting "fish"as fish are used now.

this is some of the problem that has stopped us from having a fur trapper. do we set it to catch "game" and then separate the animals into furs? how do we catch randomly fox,rabbits,squirrels,etc

i will come back to that point in a minute.

my idea based on this discussion would be to make different fishermen mod like the trout fly-fisherman, say a pond bass fisherman, a salmon fisher, a set of different boats to catch fish. change the normal fishing docks to actually b more specific and how they look. then add a fish sorter or cleaner mod that takes the various fishes and scales and cleans the trout,bass,salmon,etc thereby processing them all into "fish" that the game recognizes. its kinda the reverse of what the garden seed mod does. it made a new seed "garden seeds" . they grow and when sorted you have randomly pumpkins,squash,potatoes,etc. gives the banis a variety of veggys with having less seeds from the traders.

i will correct myself on 1 point. thou my explanation above made sence it has a flaw. the hunter was changed so instead of just deer he hunts ducks. the problem was the ducks become overpowering. you catch more ducks than deer and you need the leather more than feathers. i use the fix-mod so i dont hunt ducks. so mayb there is a way to do it random. however i stand by my idea. build a salmon fisher,some boat fishing, a nice bass pond,etc. and then process them to fish. think this keeps us from confusing the game's "fish"code. it would confuse the buildings in the game already.

All the fishes?!!!! - Feneris - 12-13-2016

In either case, I do believe fishing could use a reworking. But the best way would probably be to have different types of fishing dock. A shore dock for clams, crayfish, oysters, and other shore fish. A fishing pier for salmon, trout, and other deeper water fish. And then an ocean trawler for deep ocean fishing. Things like tuna, mackerel, lobster, crab, and shrimp. Maybe have a sealing and a whaling vessel to bring back blubber, seal and whale meat.