BlackLiquid Forums
All the fishes?!!!! - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: All the fishes?!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

All the fishes?!!!! - cainacol12 - 12-10-2016

Hi All,

I had an idea/question for the modders out there. Would it be possible to expand the fishing docks to have different types of fish or to have a special fishery that get exotic? fish. I was thinking something like salmon, red snapper,trout, tuna , etc. If so i would love love love if someone could make this. Either as a second mod or to go into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. They are just so many possabilities to only see fish when the fishers work. as a side note could we also add shrimp somewhere. Like a little shrimp farm. that would be a dorable. thanks for reading.

The picture is an example of a shrimp harvesting set up.[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/IMG_9718.1.jpg.4ad6677f086edde17b1f97ee1ade86af.jpg[/img]

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 12-10-2016

there is a fly fisherman that brings in  trout.problem is you cant process it like the  regular "fish". it is a nice early game shore fisher thou.

Quote:
28 minutes ago, stiles said:

there is a fly fisherman that brings in  trout.problem is you cant process it like the  regular "fish". it is a nice early game shore fisher thou.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a>

Really where is it in the game? 

All the fishes?!!!! - Necora - 12-10-2016

I've not seen the fly fisher, that is pretty cool.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8937-cainacol12/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8937" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8937-cainacol12/">@cainacol12</a> I had a similar idea, around here (Nova Scotia) fishing was, and is, a huge part of the culture and life right from the first Europeans. In fact, many NS towns exist solely because they were good fishing ground or harbor. It is a shame to just have 'fish', however <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> does a good job of adding needed diversity to it.

I am planning, if I can figure out how to get modding to work, to make such a set. Here is my plan so far...

Shore Fisher - low cost to build, employs 1 worker - can fish for either mussels, clams, scallops, oysters or seaweed.

Inshore Fisher - medium costs to build (needs hull components but I will also add a basic boat builder etc. so you can get them early) can fish for either lobster, shrimp, or fish (perhaps herring, mackerel etc. if you want individual fish)

Offshore Fisher - high cost to build equivalent to the current wharf and ship and fishes whale, seal, snow crab, and perhaps tuna, cod etc.

Some of these exist in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, but my idea is to re-vamp the chain of buildings and construction needs, and add a few foods etc. and make them all into a nice looking set that fits together.

Can also add farms for certain things too, oysters, scallops, mussels, shrimp etc. They would be nice additions to a dock set. 

@stiles never mind I found it. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> thats exactly what I've been looking for.  and the fly fisher is apart of the north mod but its also has a seperate part you can download found here http://www.banishedventures.com/flyfishing/

All the fishes?!!!! - Kralyerg - 12-10-2016

There's also Discrepancy's DS Small Village mod that does something kind of, sort of, similar.

Quote:

Jetty Fishmonger - takes 'Fish' resource and sorts and cleans to produce: Bass, Bream, Carp, Cod, Eel, Mullet, Perch, Pike, Salmon, Tench, Trout.

You don't actually fish for the specific types, but you take your regular fish crates to him, and he will "sort" them and turn them into special fish types.

(Details and downloads can be found at his site: http://ds-mods.net/2016/12/ds-small-village-beta-testing/ )

All the fishes?!!!! - Necora - 12-10-2016

Hmm I've not seen that yet, it must be in the new small town with the neat docks and bridges. Interesting.... perhaps my ideas are redundent

All the fishes?!!!! - elemental - 12-10-2016

Yes the fishmonger is in Discrepancy's beta for DSSV V2. The fishmonger building was actually my idea. It takes generic fish from a normal fishing dock and sorts them into 10 or 12 different types of fish. Some of these fish have a value of 1, others have a value of 2 or 3. The output is random (much like a fisherman's catch is random). Eventually there will be some food production buildings that use salmon, trout, and other fish to create foods. The aim is to add a little more realism to the Banished world.

It's still a work in progress but you can play with the beta. You can download it from World of Banished. At the moment the fishmonger is rather underpowered and doesn't process very many fish per year, although I think Discrepancy mentioned that he has already fixed that for the next release. The model looks great. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Fishmonger.thumb.jpg.9dd5a07e6ac72d8fe571b1f8617e8c6d.jpg[/img]

All the fishes?!!!! - stiles - 12-10-2016

http://www.banishedventures.com/flyfishing hope i dont get banned fopr that link. u will find it under the removal tool bar,where u remove logs,stone,etc

oh thank you for the link. gonna try these out now.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I still think your idea would be cool. Especially for small towns.  besides the more the better.