BlackLiquid Forums
Scale - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mod Makers Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Scale (/showthread.php?tid=1434)

Scale - The Pilgrim - 12-10-2016

Has anyone figured out exactly what the scale is per tile?  I am guessing it is about 2 meters maybe 3?

Scale - Discrepancy - 12-10-2016

It depends on the modelling program I think. But in Blender, 1m = 1 tile, the model is then exported then re-imported at .01 scale to be exported for game use.

I make the doors about 1.2-1.6m high, slightly higher with similar numbers for start of second floor.

Scale - ShockPuppet - 12-10-2016

in 3d studio max, which is what the developer used, using "Generic units" (its inches as far as i can tell) 1 grid tile in 3d max = 1 tile in game exactly.

But in real life measurements what would 1 tile be?  It's way too small to be 1 meter. 

Quote:
2 hours ago, The Pilgrim said:

But in real life measurements what would 1 tile be?  It's way too small to be 1 meter. 

I dont really know [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I build 3d based on a grid so everything for me is in squares, not conventional units.

"Hmm, thats 3.25 squares either side and .5 of a square that way. Perfect"

The reason I am asking in specifics is in trying to convert these blueprints in to sketches for the 3d models. Historical accuracy is my aim after all. 

Quote:
3 minutes ago, The Pilgrim said:

The reason I am asking in specifics is in trying to convert these blueprints in to sketches for the 3d models. Historical accuracy is my aim after all. 

i know [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> I just see grids, sorry about that.

You could guess [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> A doorway is usually 6 feet 8 inches, sooooooo figure out how many doors to a tile [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Sorry i realise thats not helping. I'll be quiet now

Scale - Discrepancy - 12-10-2016

That is why I said doors are between 1.2m and 1.6m depending on building type. But with the Apiary example loaded into Blender, with measurements set to meters, the squares in banished = 1 square in Blender, which happens to equal 1m.

The Apiary doorway is 1.3m high.

Highest point of roof for apiary is 3.03m

I normally base all my models on that formula of measurements to match the vanilla buildings.

Scale - AzemOcram - 12-11-2016

I figured that 1 tile is 2 meters. That makes a wood, stone, or country house take up 1 tile in Cities: Skylines. It would also make 2 of my rowhouses take up 1 tile in Cities: Skylines but I scale them up so that 3 take up 2 tiles (and deepen them so that they take up 2x2 tiles with a small backyard).