BlackLiquid Forums
Game crashing, need help - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Game crashing, need help (/showthread.php?tid=123)

Game crashing, need help - prono - 01-23-2019

Can only play vanilla game, every time I try to load a mod I get one of these.  Any help would be great

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/IMG_2459.jpg.63d7e2ba356605ef0b6f829d7ca374f0.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/IMG_2460.jpg.0b9188eac847bebb7ca264837c28b76e.jpg[/img]

Game crashing, need help - estherhb - 01-23-2019

Could be several things.  Unfortunately crash dump files aren't very useful.  Have you tried subscribing to the mod from the Steam Workshop or by downloading it yourself? Which mods are you trying to use (include version). Are you using Banished version 1.0.7?  When you load the mod, at what point does the game crash?  

When you make any changes to the mod list, be sure to exit the game completely before starting a new town. It helps prevent crashes.

Game crashing, need help - prono - 01-23-2019

Quote:
23 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Could be several things.  Unfortunately crash dump files aren't very useful.  Have you tried subscribing to the mod from the Steam Workshop or by downloading it yourself? Which mods are you trying to use (include version). Are you using Banished version 1.0.7?  When you load the mod, at what point does the game crash?  

When you make any changes to the mod list, be sure to exit the game completely before starting a new town. It helps prevent crashes.

It shows I’m running version 1.0.7

I have tried running the mega mod and I’ve also tried just running <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76.  No matter which I use I can generally make it through the startup screen and attempt to create a game.  When it gets to the loading screen that usually hangs up the game and it freezes

Game crashing, need help - Ketchup - 01-23-2019

Quote:
3 hours ago, prono said:

It shows I’m running version 1.0.7

yes thats important , but the info that is more important than that ... is the build number. you absolutely need "build 170910".

Game crashing, need help - prono - 01-24-2019

Quote:
14 hours ago, Ketchup said:

yes thats important , but the info that is more important than that ... is the build number. you absolutely need "build 170910".

It appears that it has been an issue with DirectX11, I switched it to 9 and the game loaded quickly without issue (after the long black screen to the menu)

Thank you for the responses and assistance

Game crashing, need help - estherhb - 01-24-2019

Glad you figured it out. For some people (like me), DirectX11 makes the game load a lot faster. But for other people the game crashes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Game crashing, need help - Ketchup - 01-24-2019

is directx 11 installed ? card not support 11 ?