BlackLiquid Forums
Villagers walking under the bridge - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Villagers walking under the bridge (/showthread.php?tid=11)

Villagers walking under the bridge - 1234567 - 07-06-2019

I tried to rebuild those wooden bridges or replaced by other types of bridge, but useless[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I tried to demolish the twin bridge to be a single bridge, but no use[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I tried to uninstall the unnecessary mod in game but no use[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I tried to close the game and reload it, no use[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I built another pair of wooden bridges elsewhere and other map, it works[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

No change of terrain around the bridges after they had been built ( but villagers used to walk on them)[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

The situation never appears if there isn't any bridge or still under construction[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/angry.png[/img]/emoticons/angry@2x.png 2x" title=">:(" width="20" />

Only the bridges next to the arrow marks (marked on the screenshot) have this problem[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/angry.png[/img]/emoticons/angry@2x.png 2x" title=">:(" width="20" /> 

Can anyone tell me the reason of this strange behaviour?

And how to make them back onto the right way?

I am playing with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.55

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_07/5d21035e2b619_bridgesbug.jpg.6c2d344d86473235416bfef21e9831b4.jpg" data-fileid="3248">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_07/5d21035e8a4c2_bridgesbug.thumb.jpg.43a2c8a1ada87dbcf0f307d0f202027a.jpg[/img]</a>

Villagers walking under the bridge - estherhb - 07-06-2019

It isn't something I can recreate. For one thing, you are using an old version of Colonial Charter (v. 1.55) while the current version is 1.76. However, I don't remember that there was a "fix" for the bridge, so it could be a glitch caused by the map you are using since you mentioned it doesn't happen on another map.  Maybe someone else has experienced this and will have a solution.

Villagers walking under the bridge - 1234567 - 07-07-2019

Quote:
17 hours ago, estherhb said:

It isn't something I can recreate. For one thing, you are using an old version of Colonial Charter (v. 1.55) while the current version is 1.76. However, I don't remember that there was a "fix" for the bridge, so it could be a glitch caused by the map you are using since you mentioned it doesn't happen on another map.  Maybe someone else has experienced this and will have a solution.

Latest situation:

I have tried to play on the old record which shows ok, then I save the game into new record and load it, and the problem comes again, but the old one is still ok...

The town spent me a lot of time and heart to plan and play, the bug is really frustrating me[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

The changing version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> means I have to play another town...It would take me a long time for the planning again...[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Villagers walking under the bridge - estherhb - 07-08-2019

I can completely understand why you want to keep playing this game. Unfortunately, I don't have any way of helping you solve this problem since I can't duplicate the issue.  

Villagers walking under the bridge - Ketchup - 07-08-2019

this is a bug that was there right from the vanilla version. when we did put a bridge extremly too close to the trading post ... 50% of time this was happending.

change the place of your bridge... 1 or 2 tiles away further. i know i ve look at your screenshot, there were no buildings near and still happended. but it is not a mod bug. it is there since begining.

Villagers walking under the bridge - 1234567 - 07-09-2019

Quote:
On 2019/7/8 at 3:30 PM, estherhb said:

I can completely understand why you want to keep playing this game. Unfortunately, I don't have any way of helping you solve this problem since I can't duplicate the issue.  

I start playing another town with CC1.76, but get a trouble at the very beginning...

The Lumberyard don't work when I choose to produce the lumber, it keeps saying "reached limit"

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_07/5d2450be6b29d_LumberYard1_76.thumb.jpg.00aa6516c6287e9c2341ded9ab42d4f4.jpg[/img]

Quote:
19 hours ago, Ketchup said:

this is a bug that was there right from the vanilla version. when we did put a bridge extremly too close to the trading post ... 50% of time this was happending.

change the place of your bridge... 1 or 2 tiles away further. i know i ve look at your screenshot, there were no buildings near and still happended. but it is not a mod bug. it is there since begining.

Is effective for fixing it if I demolish the adjacent trading post?

Villagers walking under the bridge - Ketchup - 07-09-2019

the game act strangely sometime. you should just ignore it

Villagers walking under the bridge - estherhb - 07-09-2019

Please verify which version and build # you are using - it is shown at the bottom of the 1st menu. Should be v 1.0.7 - build 170910. If that's OK, try lowering the limit for Construction and Fuel to 10,000 each to see if it is an issue with the building not reading the limit correctly.  (I tried placing the same building with your limits and didn't have an issue.)

Don't know why but it suddenly works when the town runs to the season 12. Big thanks for both assisting