BlackLiquid Forums
I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 (/showthread.php?tid=109)

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - Renny5 - 02-05-2019

I've been itching to install Megamod 8 onto banished. Im not a tech savy person so i did some reading. I down loaded Win zip, check. down loaded the megamod file, check. hecked my PC and i cant find where Banished is!! I have the icon on my desk top, the only thing i can find is the file for Steam. Im gonna be a bit heart broken if i cant get this figured out. Anyone have any idea as to where i could find the banished file? I went     My PC > Local Disk C: > Program files    nothing!! I know i need to find banished so i can put the files into the Win data. thank you to anyone who reads and helps out!

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - estherhb - 02-05-2019

Mine is located at Local Disk (C) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Banished > WinData.. Hope that helps.

When you put <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> into your WinData folder, make sure it is 3 separate files; they can't be in a subfolder.  Then, when you go into Banished and check the mods, be sure to exit the game completely before starting a new game - that helps prevent crashes.  Note that for some people, switching to DX11 makes it load faster, but for others, it makes it crash.

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - Renny5 - 02-05-2019

thank you so much! i was able to locate it! when i opened the win data i saw all the other mods, do i need to delete those before adding the MM8 files?

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - estherhb - 02-05-2019

The easy answer is yes.  However, I switch between playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> with a lot of mods and playing with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and I don't want to have to keep downloading those mods. So I move the mods into another folder when I'm not using them so it doesn't increase the time to load the game. If you have subscribed to any mods via the Steam Workshop, go ahead and unsubscribe to those, especially <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Make sure you keep the 4 .pkg files: Data0.pkg, Data1.pkg, Patch0.pkg and Patch1.pkg.

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - Ketchup - 02-05-2019

Quote:
2 hours ago, estherhb said:

Make sure you keep the 4 .pkg files: Data0.pkg, Data1.pkg, Patch0.pkg and Patch1.pkg.

HAHA This!

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - stiles - 02-05-2019

short cut-right click on desktop icon,click properties.then click open file location.

smart move make desktop shortcut to add more mods later. if you load a lot of mods,make a folder on desktop to download into.then you can find them to unzip.

4 files? must be special i have 8....or is it special ed?? noooo, i am not goina delete any and try to break my game.

I cant find Banished on my files so i can install MM8 - estherhb - 02-06-2019

Stiles - I'm trying to keep this simple. Right now, he doesn't need to load a lot of mods so no need to create a desktop shortcut. If you have 8 .pkg files, then at some time, you must have reloaded and duplicated the 4 files.