BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game (/showthread.php?tid=108)

MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - Liu - 02-14-2019

Hello

I try to keep it short and to the facts [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Win 10  with 16 gig ram

Fresh install of Banished from GOG 170910 no other mods involved

Downloaded MegaMod 8.01 from here.

Unpacked and copied the pkm files into WinData.

Activated the 3 parts in the correct order.

Let the game reload and then exited.

Started the game again and get to the main menu where I choose new to start playing

It gets to the loading screen and no further

I tried to wait for 20 minutes and tested dx11 and dx9. Fullscreen and window mode.

No luck.

Installed the whole thing on an other computer (which has never seen banished before) and it shows the exact same behavior.

In resignation I downloaded CC176 installed it and disabled MegaMod. On both systems <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> works flawlessly and I can start games.

Anyone able to help to get MegaMod running?

MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - Ketchup - 02-14-2019

maybe you should have waited 24 mins....

not joking, this mod is very very big and hard on computers... did you tried to alt TAB out and surf during it loads ?

MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - Liu - 02-14-2019

Thanks for trying to help.

After some more testing I have been able to get MegaMod to work. This is just me and my luck. I used the default settings for creating a new game and it seems that MM8 does not like that.

By default the new game starts with

Town Name: random Name

Map Seed: random Numbers

Terrain Type: Valleys

Terrain Size: Tiny

Climate: Mild

Disasters: On

Starting Conditions: Medium

The result is stuck on loading screen and never getting into the game.

Then I changed the Terrain Type to Mountains and that one is also broken with tiny terrain size.

Valleys and mountains both work with small terrain size.

Tried <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Flat Plains and tiny and that works too.

Used the second computer to confirm that  Valleys and Mountains on tiny are broken.

I have no clue how many combinations have problems or if I just managed to hit exactly the ones that do.

Hope this helps others to avoid this and maybe it can even be fixed.

Thanks for the mod and all the work and time that went into it.

MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - estherhb - 02-14-2019

Interesting issue. Valleys and Mountains and Small maps (also Medium and Large maps) are all part of original Banished, so I would kinda assume they would work together.  Not sure which (or whose) mod adds Tiny maps to MegaMod (it isn't part of Colonial Charter), but I did let Kralyerg know so he can take a look at this and fix the problem in MM9. (Kralyerg is the member of the Black Liquid Team who puts <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> together.)

MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - estherhb - 02-15-2019

Kralyerg looked at the code and found some issues caused by the addition of the tiny map. Apparently the map is sometimes asked to put too much of something somewhere.  <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> can't get it to work and it just keeps trying - the result is that the game doesn't load. There's also an issue where not all of the terrains have settings for "tiny" maps which creates other issues. You are the first person who has brought this issue to our attention so it can be fixed. Thanks for letting us know. 

MegaMod 8.01 unable to start new game - Liu - 02-19-2019

My pleasure. It only took me like 10 hours banging my head into a wall and getting grey hairs about it. Being stubborn is one of my better traits [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> Busy playing since =)