BlackLiquid Forums
Where do i find!!! - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Where do i find!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1069)

Where do i find!!! - Popeye1957 - 12-24-2016

Can anyone tell me where i can find the Joists, I have upgraded the Blacksmith to a Country Smithy and it needs 1 Building material and i have my Building Supplier and it is in the process of building the Building material but it needs 1 Joist to complete it. 

Where do i find!!! - Kralyerg - 12-24-2016

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/articles.html/crafted-resources/joist-r222/

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/articles.html/crafted-resources/joist-r222/&do=embed"></iframe>

Where do i find!!! - Popeye1957 - 12-26-2016

Thank you for the quick response [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> That was it.

Here is one i cannot wrap my head around, I have seen a few maps that i like but how do i find those particular maps? for example i will use one here the Town is called "Tatooine" and the Map seed is "714418553". I have tried to search for it with no luck and i have tried to type it in also no luck [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Is every Town name or Map seed a different map layout?

Is there somewhere i can find all of the different map layout look like?

And for the final and probably the biggest one is, after i go into mods and select MegaMod 0.60 select Town, Map seed and so on then play for awhile then save my game and then click on "Quit" i get an error, see attach. 

As you can tell i'm a complete NEWB at this and not even sure if this is the right place to post.

P.S. I also looked for the crash.dmp and cannot see it, look at attach.

Please Help

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/58617f6b53031_Screenshot(43).png.2f9fa4697429b0ef704a011d13548a18.png" data-fileid="472">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/58617f6be3e82_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.2a72e29cffea3751e7976c5b5e65da18.png[/img]</a>

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/586182f91ee00_Screenshot(44).thumb.png.cd8a727c7c7326887a985a1e1011c459.png[/img]

Where do i find!!! - Paeng - 12-26-2016

Quote:
52 minutes ago, Popeye1957 said:

save my game and then click on "Quit" i get an error

See here -

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/starting-a-new-game-without-crash-t268.html

Check "Step 4"...

Hth [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Where do i find!!! - Popeye1957 - 12-26-2016

Re:  save my game and then click on "Quit" i get an error

Thank you that fixed that.

Where do i find!!! - KevinTheCynic - 02-15-2017

I know this thread has been quiet for a while but I re-read it during my search for another topic and saw that a large chunk of the questions <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9655-popeye1957/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9655" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9655-popeye1957/">@Popeye1957</a> had asked were not answered and with the thought that others may read this and have the same questions...

So... in regards to Town Names. Town Names are randomly generated but you can change the name before you have the Starting Conditions menu create the map. You can also change the name in game by calling up the map information from the menu. All you have to do is type it in the Town Name window like you do when changing a Map Seed number during map creation. The "Tatooine" name is not normally found in the game, the player changed it to suit themselves (obviously a Star Wars fan!)

As for Map Seeds, they too are randomly generated but can also be changed by editing the number in the Starting Conditions menu however... just typing in the same Map Seed is not enough if you want to replicate a map you have seen from somewhere else. You have to know the Terrain Type and Map Size as well and these can be radically different to the vanilla game list if there are certain mods in use (e.g. Colonial Charter adds a Very Large map size as well as Swamp and Lake terrain types).

To clarify what I mean, if you use Map Seed 999 with Valley terrain and Small map size, you will get a very different map if you use Map Seed 999 with Valley terrain and Large map size. The Large map is not simply a bigger version of the Small map, it's created using different parameters so the end result is very different to the Small map.