BlackLiquid Forums
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: PLAYING CC with THE NORTH (/showthread.php?tid=1009)

Pages: 1 2

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - stiles - 01-05-2017

THIS IS <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> 1.61 THE FORGE AWAKENS WITH THE NORTH plus several other mods.

After several mod re-downloads and shuffling my mod order multiple times,and a war with a dictator<jk/lol>, i did get the 2 mods to work together.i downloaded the newest version i found. then reloaded to the newest beta version. i also added the russian house,as it was newer than the NORTH version. i like having the debug active,not to cheat but its handy to check new mods out with.place <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above The North and turn off all other nordic mods(or you get small funny toolbar icons).with the NORTH above,the game errored and kicked me out.

there are sveral differences. subtle changes to some map window terrain,some of the bushes look different,way the snow looks on fields and roads,deer look like reindeer but do not give fur only leather. the stat box has several changes: the calendar now reads by month not seasons and all the icons are shuffled around- food is where the firewood was,logs is where food was,etc. the profession's box has several additions to it, enough that the box is much larger. this covers where i usually have the stat window. opening a few buildings,i noticed the iron icon on the build menus has changed. we also now have a few extra icons under the remove toolbar- quick placeale hunter and crayfish catcher,as well as a firewood gatherer.

Please note this is based on the 1st game with both mods active.you would think the game would load the game play of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and just add on buildings fromTHE NORTH that weren't included. This is not totally the case. As i said the deer are changed. thou i have only checked the mini fisherman,fish are now salmon plus a flyfisherman that catches trout. The hunters all seem to have increased productions. Even the small circle placeable hunter is very productive for such a small area. I assume that it's understood he works a larger area than the placed circle. I did place it near 5 or 6 deer,but even after those were gone the production did not drop off. Even the mini fisherman had a production boost,thou not as dramatic. thou i could have affected it by my game play, the builders seem slower but laborers seem faster. so the game plays faster and slower at the same time. hope that makes sence. traders seem to come less often than just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

climate and field differences: I chose mild climate as that seemed to fit where i live. I did not realize the changes that the NORTH would affect until i started playing. Playing the NORTH before i noticed i had to adjust the climate up a level to be accurate to my local. I may decide to do that in future games. the temp thru the winter is close to here. However,the summer seems about 10 degrees f and august seems to start fall. temps in august here is 80-90,more like mid summer yet. in game august was 55-65 degrees. fields harvested closer to the begnning of september.overall yields per field is a bout 50% compared to playing with just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. where i used to figure 1 farmer per 5 ppl, i'd be figuring double that at least.

JUST figured i'd log this in case others want to try the 2 mods together. and to give new players a heads up on some of the differences. It's not to say the changes are good or bad. I was surprised how much THE NORTH did override the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. That was not expected. I haven't played this way long enough to say it is harder or easier than before overall. It's just different and with anything it takes time to adjust ones style of gameplay to that. I do hope as TOM updates and adds to this mod that he also updates the beta versions as well.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - KevinTheCynic - 01-05-2017

I had wanted to use the two together at one stage but when I found they conflicted, it seemed like too much work for somebody like me (who has no patience or skill for modding) to make them play nice with each other. So yes, it's much appreciated that you posted your experiences with the two mods, thanks [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img] [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

I may try it again some time in the future because there are models in The North that I would really like to use.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - stiles - 01-05-2017

many of the nordic buildings are in separate mods. i have 3 or so,the wooden houses,the original houses with the smaller red school.the wharehouse is separate and the new russian houses are also. you have to go thru the post at WOb,wher tom and nilla discuss the development and changes that were made. the new crayfish inn is not in a separate mod. u do need RED;s <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> mod to make the roof tiles too.

i do recommend finding a beta version. i downloaded the newest version and had to work backwards since i do use my debug mod. ohh and again turn off any nordic mod you may already have as well.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - KevinTheCynic - 01-05-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> I think I have most of the ones that Tom Sawyer released as separate mods but the ones I really want are not available separately yet (if ever), like the brickyard, claypits and the inn. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - stiles - 01-07-2017

i did find 1 thing yesterday. the NORTH bloomery,that processes iron ore to iron by using charcoal does not work.not much of a big deal since <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has a small smelter,but that does use firewood. the small fuel refinery did take the north charcoal and process it to fuel. thou  i will admit i did not keep track of the firewood, the north charcoal pile did produce a huge amount of charcoal. i believe the north's "iron ore" is different than <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>'s. i think the norths "ion ore" is actually processed iron for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. doesnt have much affect on the game otherwise.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - stiles - 01-08-2017

ERROR AND KICK OUT: you can place the north's brickyard but clicking on it causes error. you will need <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> mod for roof tiles for the nordic houses.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - ShockPuppet - 01-08-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> why don't you ask for those buildings as their own mod

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - stiles - 01-08-2017

<a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard&referrer=http%253A%252F%252Fblackliquidsoftware.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F874-playing-cc-with-the-north%252F" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/" title="Go to ShockPuppet's profile"><font color="#0066cc">ShockPuppet</font></a>  some of the mods are built individually. i did get the 2 to work together,mostly.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - KevinTheCynic - 01-08-2017

Quote:
3 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> why don't you ask for those buildings as their own mod

People have asked (over at WoB) but he doesn't seem too keen on the idea. I think he wants to keep them integral to The North (and really, that's his choice, it is his mod after all) or maybe it's too much messing about to create them all as separate files when he's busy with expanding the main mod.

PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - Paeng - 01-09-2017

Quote:
9 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

I think he wants to keep them integral to The North

Yeah, since the North has a very specific climate and architecture, and its own start conditions... there is less emphasis on agriculture, trade can be done with coins (though not exclusive), and all around a very different balancing... it does play along nicely (and mixes well for variety) with other mods like <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>, Kid's and DS stuff or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> companion mods (e.g. from KKKK), where the chains are not as involved and far-reaching as they are in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> - but his recommendation is clearly to always keep The North on top to take full advantage of all its different features... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />